The farthest man on the right...
I just left my country, my family, my home, everything that I've ever known, to come here. America. I hope to find a brighter future than the one i would find at home, one with plenty of opportunities for a job, money, a home, and a better life. If I make it through this island, Ellis Island, it is still uncertain what I will do or where I will go. But i will tell my family back home about all the wonderful things here, and hopefully they will join me in this beautiful country.
But if I don't make it... if I don't make it through this island, all the tests and searches, I will be sent back to my country... then what would I do? But if I do make it through, where will I go? Where do I even start? My future is uncertain, but it is worth everything to try and find a better life than the one I am living now. A second chance, that's what I will have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done!
ReplyDelete20/20